10 million people starve to death each year. It is hard to take in a number that big, especially when it pertains to death. Perhaps what is even more shocking is that is would take only about $2 billion to feed those people 3 meals a day for 365 days a year with a 20 cent meal program obtained by some non-profits. $2 billion may seem big, but with 500 million Americans, each American would only need to donate $4 to reach that number.
Around the world people aren't only in need of food, but medicine, shelter, warmth, freedom... Even though The International Relief Fund is focused on starvation and malnutrition for this year, we are a charity that supports any other noble cause if able. We are committed to using over 95% of donations directly for relief purposes, leaving less than 5% for administrative costs and fundraising. We directly provide relief to those in need through our own service programs. The IRF also has a program that lets non-profits apply for funding to fund their own programs.
Check out the IRF programs page to see what we are up to and see where your precious donation is going.
African child suffering from Kwashiorkor, a type of malnutrition where the body doesn't receive sufficient proteins. Basically, the body starts digesting itself.